For reasons beyond my control my hair is stubborn at growing. It seems like I can blink my eyes and my friend's have Rapunzel length tresses. My mane on the other hand, grows at a snails pace. I tried sticking to a regular trimming schedule and cutting back on heat products, but nothing was really happening. It wasn't until a few months ago when I changed my routine and saw results.
Some tips on how to get that hair growin'....
1. Hair is weakest when wet. Using a wide toothed comb will help avoid breakage and detangle those knots easier
2. Biotin isn't anything new on the hair/nails growth front, but Mega Red (fish oil) is a hidden gem. The omega-3 fatty acids provide nutrients and proteins for hair follicles. I haven't been taking Biotin as regularly, but the fish oil I take every morning.
3. Hair elixir is great for added shine, smoothness and reducing drying time. Orofluido is my personal favorite but Moroccan Oil will yield similar results.
4. One to two times weekly I use a deep conditioning mask in place of my regular conditioner. There are tons of options to choose from and most are pretty affordable. Run the mask through hair from middle of scalp down to the ends and leave on for 5-10 minutes. Rinse and notice incredibly smooth and hydrated strands.
5. An overnight repair treatment is a great way to seal in moisture and help repair overworked ends. I apply this product at night before bed and it dries quickly. This has helped me push back a hair cut and kept the hair strong.
Another big rule is cutting back on styling tools. I used to blow dry and style my hair daily, which only added to the problem. Now I let it dry 80% and spritz on a heat protector (this is a favorite) before using a blow dryer.
It also helps that messy buns and dry shampoo are everywhere now :)
Alright ladies with long locks, share your secrets please!
** Don't forget to enter the amazing LivelyTies giveaway! Only a few days left to win!